Friday, February 5, 2010

Dream House

Everyone must have thought about their dream house. I for one always wanted to have my own creepy looking Victorian House with dash of lavish and luxury interior. I've always been a fan of Victorian Houses since I was a little kid. I guess my first "crush" on Victorian Houses was when I first watched Addam's Family. Yes, that cartoon! The house is super cool and super huge (of course in context of fiction). I still havent found a single Victorian House here in KL.



There are too many modern designs houses out there. People nowadays tend to build a funny looking house with, let say, dented sides or glass walls with water constantly pouring on top of the glass wall to give a rainy effect anytime any day (FACT, I saw it in a magazine. The house won some design award). My family is currently in search for a house to purchase. Currently my mom , my little brother and I am living at a rented normal sized terrace house perfect for three. But since my eldest sister is about to graduate from her seemingly life-long medical degree in Ireland, she'll be moving back to KL. We need  bigger spaces and I think after renting houses for 8 years it's time to purchase our own property.

This time around, my sister and I have power over choosing the house we wanted to live. My dad built our house around 14 years ago back in Miri and it was a design disaster. It was not at that time though. People at my neighbourhood were awed by the distinct "white and gray"ness of the house, at that time. Time passes and the house is now very very very old fashioned and it's just plain creepy looking at night. So the next house has to be timeless beauty, like Victorian Houses. Let's just hope we'll find a perfect abode that a family can live in for years happily.




my house back in Miri



Ibnu Alfadli Othman

No comments:

Post a Comment